Founded Date January 1, 1900
Sectors Engineering , Government , Management Job
Posted Jobs 1
Founded Since 1850
Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) was established in 1976 by Lahore Development Authority for the planning, design, development and maintenance of the sevrage and drainage system of water supply in Lahore. Several directorates were established to carry out the mission. An essential part of this mandate is to provide a safe, reliable and efficient water supply to meet the demands of all sectors.
The organization of WASA is headed by the General Manager who is further assisted by three Deputy Directors; DMD Finance, Administration & Revenue, DMD Operation & Maintenance and DMD Engineering. There are nearly 6,200 WASA employees in various categories. WASA derives income from the sale of water, sewage and aquifers.
The province allocates part of the property tax. The budget and the increase in the usage cost has been approved by the government of the Punjab. The sanction of expenditure and tenders is carried out under the financial rules of the government.
WASA Lahore strives to be an ideal organization providing quality service to its superlative consumers who expect service excellence through dedicated and dedicated WASA employees. WASA Lahore wants to contribute to making the city of Lahore cleaner and more environmentally friendly by:
- Providing high quality consumer services in the field of Water Supply and Sewerage.
- Ensuring cost-effective measures in development work and operation and maintenance.
- Adhering to professional ethics and zero tolerance for corruption.
- In any case, the generation of revenue is sufficient to cover the non-development expenses and make the system self-sufficient.
- Educating and motivating employees and developing collaboration and communication at all levels.