Founded Date January 1, 1900
Sectors Government , Management Job
Posted Jobs 1
Founded Since 1850
The Higher Education Department Punjab is responsible for teaching, learning and related services for students, as well as for teachers/teaching and non-teaching staff, working in public and private institutions in the Punjab province. The aim is to create a highly educated society where educational opportunities are equally available to all young people in Pakistan, regardless of their social, ethnic and cultural background or family circumstances.
HED is a ministerial department with a strong network of field offices to ensure compliance with executive orders. Currently, HED operates through a network of one field headquarters i.e. Directorate of Public Instructions Colleges Punjab, 09 Divisional Directorates, 37 District Directorates managing over 750 colleges in Punjab.
In addition, nine Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) for examination purposes, each at the division headquarters, operate under the umbrella of HED. In addition, there are also more than 50 public/private sector universities and 26 autonomous institutions under the supervision of HED.
The vision of the Higher Education Department is to promote the development of an enlightened and prosperous Punjab by strengthening the knowledge economy along with a focus on equitable and quality learning. The realization of this vision of “enlightened and prosperous Punjab by strengthening the knowledge economy” rests on the shift from access to quality evidenced by the major initiatives taken by the department in the recent past.
Our mission is to improve the quality of education, research and innovation, increase creativity and entrepreneurship, and promote equality, access, social cohesion and responsible citizenship.
The department operates with an increased focus on the following:
- Establishment of Knowledge Park Lahore (KPL)
- Establishment of Biopark/Science Research Park in provincial metropolis
- Organize international education expo
- College inspections
- College Teaching Interns (CTI) Initiative
- Revising and Reshaping the Education Curriculum as e-Text
- Faculty development program
- Celebrating Anti-Corruption Week
- Tax Day Celebration
- Reduce bureaucratic monopoly and improve accountability
- Training and development of the professionals/faculty who work with students
- Improving Quality Assurance Services (QAS) for Students
- Making HED an organization in which the citizen is central
- Ensure rapid capacity building/provision of missing facilities in institutions